Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Quick Googler Update

Twice in the past two days this blog was found by a search on "منيك", the Arabic word for "bullshit". I'd appreciate someone telling me how to write "fuckwit" in any version of Arabic.

compliant nympho
Which is worse? Someone googling this phrase or finding me as a top result?

load vmware image in a web page
You want to run a VMWare image within a browser? I don't think you can do that without running Citrix' "GoToMyDesktop" and if you read this blog you'll get an idea about what I think about Citrix. What's wrong with rdesktop or radmin? If you want to be able to access your virtual servers from, say, some Net cafe, it's unlikely that the ports you need (902 at least) will be open. You could try accessing via Terminal Services Web Edition but then you'd be going through an additional layer of virtualisation.

"MS-SQL Server 2005" utf-8
Nope. Still no support for UTF-8. Maybe MS-SQL Server 2013 will have it.

difference between citrix ps3 and ps4
To speed performance certain browser methods and commands which were there in PS3 aren't passed anymore in PS4. This can cause Web-based applications using ActiveX background functionality and/or browser pops to misbehave, hang, freeze and/or crash.

usair bereavement fares
Sorry about your loss. If you're outside the US and Canada the only airline I know still offering bereavement fares is USAir. If you find another one please let me know.

Back to work on tomorrow's entry...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous pulled out a crayon and scribbled:

Hi! Great stuff. I kind of compulsively check your blog most every day (and more often when work a headache). Curious how long it takes you to write your average post. Do you do it in one sitting or mull it over for a couple days or different times during the day? Keep it up.

28 November, 2006 15:38  
Blogger ReallyEvilCanine pulled out a crayon and scribbled:

Thanks. It depends, really. My rant about beta software was partially culled from the explanations I was sending around in our internal mails explaining the stupidity of installing beta software but then I got inspired and pounded most of it out in a single go. I let it sit a couple days, then edited it for clean-up.

Sometimes I'll come up with two or three full entries while waiting for an installation, other times I get partial ideas that I leave in Draft mode and get back to later. As you can tell I've been busy an posting has been rather irregular as of late. I hope to start posting on a daily basis again soon but I wouldn't expect too much for another month thanks to a difficult schedule.

28 November, 2006 19:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home

In compliance with $MegaCorp's general policies as well as my desire to
continue living under a roof and not the sky or a bus shelter, I add this:

DISCLAIMER:
The views expressed on this blog are my own and
do not necessarily reflect the views of $MegaCorp, even if every
single one of my cow-orkers who has discovered this blog agrees with me
and would also like to see the implementation of Root Cause: 17-Fuckwit.