Friday, July 27, 2007

COX(-2)SUCKERS

GodDAMN I hate being sick.

All week long, too. What's worse is having to go to a fucking different doctor who I haven't given The Speech to, in which I ess-plain a few things, among them that I'm not a druggie (and don't have time to be one) and that I don't abuse codeine since it's one of the very few meds that works for me. I was too tired and out of it to even try, and it was nearly lunchtime; she wasn't listening to me prattle on when it was about that time to get the last mook out (me) so she could go eat.

Bitch wouldn't give me what I asked for and instead handed me something I'd never had or even heard of. It's new. And expensive. It's called "Arcoxia" and I'm a fuckwit for taking the damned sample tablets she handed me before looking the shit up.

Two hours after I got home I was already feeling "wrong". I did a quick search and fuck me, it was too late to make myself vomit.

Doctors: Arthritis drug Arcoxia risky
Son of Vioxx

That's right, despite the current US regime where certification of fucking dirt tablets as an acne remedy would cost less than a million in bribes, the FDA's balking on this shit.

There was no pain relief whatsoever, and within another two hours my pulse was rising and my blood pressure had rocketed. I could barely function, and due to family medical history this was even more troubling. My BP stayed high for the next 14 hours; I was only able to get to sleep around 5a.m.

After a day and half of high-BP hell I'm getting better, though my stomach is still in pain and I'm coughing continuously. At least I'm able to concentrate a bit again rather than staring at the TV like an idiot, unable to follow the simplest of storylines and falling asleep every couple hours.

An idiot TAR is calling me at home despite German labour laws which are very clear on the subject of working when written off sick being illegal. It's about the Never-Ending Story: $TouchyInsuranceCo and the fuckwits who work for them. I'll deal with it Monday. Or Tuesday. They'll never notice. If the woman I have to deal with was a hooker she'd try to shove her customer's cocks into her left shoe after rubbing them with 40-grit sandpaper, then ask three times who's supposed to pay whom.

Next entry will be a follow-up on last Thursday's fuckwit funfest.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger -h pulled out a crayon and scribbled:

Shit, this Merck corp keeps on releasing these drugs every few months... This is very wrong.

27 July, 2007 16:16  
Anonymous Anonymous pulled out a crayon and scribbled:

This comment has been removed by the author.

30 July, 2007 21:24  
Anonymous Anonymous pulled out a crayon and scribbled:

Doctors just don't give a rat's arse about their quality of work anymore.

It's like that in Canada too. My family physician decided he wanted to go into politics, so he dumps half the city's population and leaves them without a physician for over a year. What does he become? Minister of Health. Go figure.

He eventually re-opened his office and accepted his patients again, but has been acting somewhat like an inconsiderate prick ever since.

That's why I like to keep this book and WebMD handy. I'd much rather lookup the info myself vs. trusting someone who doesn't seem to pay attention to what they're doing half the time.

You're damn lucky you managed to pull through your situation though... that doctor should be beaten to death with a metal LART for such a screw-up mistake.

(Deleted my previous post since I wanted to add a few things)

30 July, 2007 21:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home

In compliance with $MegaCorp's general policies as well as my desire to
continue living under a roof and not the sky or a bus shelter, I add this:

DISCLAIMER:
The views expressed on this blog are my own and
do not necessarily reflect the views of $MegaCorp, even if every
single one of my cow-orkers who has discovered this blog agrees with me
and would also like to see the implementation of Root Cause: 17-Fuckwit.