Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Our Gang



Cast:
Spanky ................. MainManager
Alfalfa ................ KrautMonkey1
Buckwheat .............. KrautMonkey2
Darla .................. Orig. $BigCorp Monkey
Froggie ................ REC

Spanky: Hey kids! Let's start a new newspaper!
Darla: That sounds like a neat idea, Spanky!
Alfalfa: Oh boy! We can do it!
Buckwheat: Dat sounds oh-tay! Ah'm in.
Froggie: What the heck are you guys talking about?!

Spanky: I'm glad you're with me gang!
Darla: Sure thing, chief.
Buckwheat: We gon' do anutha newslettah jus' fer us?
Spanky: I'm glad you asked that, Buckwheat. You see, a newspaper is only one-way and I want to make this communicate in both directions.
Alfalfa: So we want to Web 2.0?
Spanky: That's right, Alfalfa. But how are we going to do it?
Darla: So not just a newsletter like back at BigCorp?
Spanky: Well of course we'll have the newsletter and you can be our star reporter! But maybe we can do more!
Alfalfa: I bet you could do it with a wiki. All the kids these days are gettin' wikis.

Spanky: Gee wilikers, Alfalfa! That's a great idea! A wiki! We'll be totally Web 2.0 with a wiki. Can we do a wiki Froggie?
Froggie: Um, what the hell do you want to put in the wiki, boss? There's folks that like a wiki but you can't do a newsletter with a wiki.
Spanky: I never thought of that. We need something that everyone can participate in. We need to have comments!
Froggie: Well, you can do comments in a wiki like the talk: page, but that's not news.

Darla: We should have articles!
Spanky: And pictures of team events!
Buckwheat: An' stories!
Alfalfa: And all the kids reading should be able to write them for us!
Spanky: Yeah, if they write the stories we won't even have to do anything.
Darla: But don't I get to be the star reporter? [on verge of tears]
Spanky: Sure you do, Darla. The other people will be your cub reporters!
Darla: Oh boy! [she brightens and is bouncy]

Spanky: And Froggie can supply the funny content each week like a regular column!
Froggie: But Spanky, there's no point since Butch and his gang started digg.
Spanky: You have a point but I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Froggie: [leans forward and shakes head] What you're talking about is a forum, not a wiki.
Spanky: Now don't go confusing things Froggie.
Buckwheat: Ah knows dat Froggie is right and we needs us a forum softwares.
Spanky: Is that so?
Buckwheat: Everybodys know dat. But den all da kids be talking all de time.
Spanky: But it's supposed to be a newspaper.
Froggie: Except it's supposed to be everything that ain't a newspaper.
Spanky: Yer darn tootin', Froggie! So Can we do this gang? C'mon! Whaddaya say?

[All except Froggie jump up and cheer]

Sparky: Why the sour puss, Froggie?
[c/u on Froggie, frame left. Animate thought balloon: "Because you guys have no idea what you want or what to do or how to do it and I have to go along with it anyway.]
Spanky: And now let's take 10 minutes to decide when to meet next.

[Time passes as all argue over meetings and plans]


Spanky: Now that's settled. You'll see, It'll be super! Froggie, you go talk to $Procurement and see if you can't find us some old hardware that we can use as a server. Everyone else, you know what to do!
Alfalfa: I'll decide if we use Linux or Windows
Darla: Not if Froggie brings back an old Sparc 5.
Alfalfa: Well then, I'll decide if we use Linux or Windows or Solaris.
Darla: And I'll write some stories and ask people what they think.
Buckwheat: An' I'll look at softwares.
Sparky: And I'll go to my next meeting with Mrs. Crabapple!

[Exuent, except Froggie]

Froggie: And I'll do what I always do.
[Froggie lets out a slight sigh as his head slams into the desk]




Four-day weekend. Mini-Me's covering my ass as I head off to Eastern Europe. On a fucking 6:00a.m. train, glub help me. I better at least get a passport stamp.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

In compliance with $MegaCorp's general policies as well as my desire to
continue living under a roof and not the sky or a bus shelter, I add this:

DISCLAIMER:
The views expressed on this blog are my own and
do not necessarily reflect the views of $MegaCorp, even if every
single one of my cow-orkers who has discovered this blog agrees with me
and would also like to see the implementation of Root Cause: 17-Fuckwit.