Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Quick Googler Updates:

For the guy who got here by googling codepage "sql server 2005" denmark, the answer is "1252".

Codepage 1252 is used for all of the Americas and all of Western Europe, including Iceland. 1252 doesn't cover Eastern European languages (1251), Cyrillic (1250), nor does it do Turkish (1254). The Baltics have their own special codepage 1257.

What really sucks is that even the new MS SQL Server 2005 still doesn't do UTF-8!
That's some serious fuckwittedness, despite their having some seriously non-fuckwit people working in their I18N department... on UTF-8.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous pulled out a crayon and scribbled:

Full customer satisfaction!

13 September, 2006 16:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home

In compliance with $MegaCorp's general policies as well as my desire to
continue living under a roof and not the sky or a bus shelter, I add this:

DISCLAIMER:
The views expressed on this blog are my own and
do not necessarily reflect the views of $MegaCorp, even if every
single one of my cow-orkers who has discovered this blog agrees with me
and would also like to see the implementation of Root Cause: 17-Fuckwit.