Friday, October 06, 2006

Yeah, yeah. I know, I know.

It's not that I'm lazy, just busy as hell. And on top of that there was Oktoberfest along with a lot of shit no reader of this blog gives a damn about. That emo post a couple of weeks ago really took the wind out of my sails. Rest assured I was ranting away this morning and have three or four more kindergarten stories alone to tell, not to mention the latest with Shitrix.

Jebus on a fucking crossbeam those people and their Defamation Server are pissing me off! I have three fucking conf calls next week as a result of their incompetence, although I can't help wondering if I have a RottenFuckingMutt counterpart working for them. Glub knows I'd probably be trying to weasel my way out of the noose in which they find their collective necks, and in pretty much the same way. It's one red herring after another.

Anyway, here's a taste of today's fucking idiots:
17: We're experiencing $SeriousProblem with lost files.
REC: We know. We're working on it. Already documented and we're working on a fix. Tell your users not to press the A button but use the B instead.
17: It'll take a lot of time to train the users. Instead I want to use your work-around that I read about but can't find anymore.
REC: Don't bother. It doesn't work. That's why you can't find it anymore. I invented the work-around and later proved it doesn't work so I removed the information about it.
17: But the work-around has to work.
REC: That's what I thought but as it turns out, it doesn't. Here are some logs to prove it. [I love FileMon.]
17: Well our users will need time to stop pressing the A button so we're going to use the work-around.
REC: IT DOESN'T WORK! Send your users an E-Mail: "Do not use the A button! Only use the B button or you will lose all your work!"
17: I don't know if users will read the mail so we're going to use the work-around.
You fuckwit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

In compliance with $MegaCorp's general policies as well as my desire to
continue living under a roof and not the sky or a bus shelter, I add this:

DISCLAIMER:
The views expressed on this blog are my own and
do not necessarily reflect the views of $MegaCorp, even if every
single one of my cow-orkers who has discovered this blog agrees with me
and would also like to see the implementation of Root Cause: 17-Fuckwit.